Thursday, March 8, 2007

Yesterday was my last day of class for spring quarter. Now just a few exams to tuck under my belt and I'm ready for a week of spring and fun. It's hard to believe that after four more quarters, they're going to let me be a nurse. A real one. One that gets paid and everything...it's going to be glorious.

In other news, I was asked to come into the UW hospital for an interview for a nurse tech position. I guess one is on the Psycho (did I mispell that on purpose or does it prove that I'm too immature to handle the people there?) floor and one on the Neuro floor. I had to look up online exactly what a neuro floor is because though I hear the words "Neuro checks" probably at least once a day- I still have a little twinge of fear that someday someone will find out that I'm not really clear on what a "neuro check" is- much less how to do one. So rather than getting through nursing school without ever really understanding what "neuro checks" are (which you could totally do) , I will try to get a job on a floor where I assume Neuro checks are all they ever do. It's noble. I know..

PS. Neuro floors are where people go when they have brain, SC related injuries and have become too stable to stay in ICU.

2 comments:

Lynette Polinder said...

Elaine, why don't you ever blog? The next time I check your blog it better have an update, or I will send you anthrax in the mail.

Lynette Polinder said...

Also I would love to have you come nurse me back to health when I get surgery, and I am already planning it.